"We Meet at Daybreak" (The Subtle Frasier Reference).


Today was an eventful day in the sense that I got a lot done, though there was more time spent in front of a computer screen waiting for technology to work than I'd have liked.

I started the day by meeting Glyn for coffee (well, tea for him) for the first time since I returned from Edinburgh. The intention was to have breakfast, but it was such a nice morning when I met him in Hitchin Market Place that we just sat in the Square. I inevitably filled him in on the highs and lows of the Fringe; a conversation with additional contributions from Glen Davies who joined us after bumping into us on his way to get his hair cut (we didn’t get to see the final results).

Whilst we chatted I told Glyn of my plan to film my show, which ended with us putting a date in the diary to do this at The Market Theatre on 11th October; while I’m often reticent about doing my shows in Hitchin as they tend to get a slightly muted response, after weighing it up it still seemed the best option, as it’s far easier for us to film it in a place with such flexibility that we know inside out; I also plan to book some form of warm-up in front of me, which will hopefully go some way towards combating the slightly awkward reaction it sometimes gets locally.

I briefly popped to the theatre after doing some work in the office for half an hour or so, just to see what the set was like that’s up at the moment - as it’s the one I’ll end up performing in front of, which is ultimately fine; I’m really not bothered by it.

On leaving Glyn I walked home, where I continued my daylong attempt to confirm our autumn St Albans Mostly Comedy dates so I could start to book suitable line-ups; this wound up being pretty successful, with us finalising the dates from October through to December, along with the line-ups for the first two shows, which include John Thomson in October and Simon Day in November; a veritable coup for Fast Show fans, particularly in the case of John, who hasn’t appeared at Mostly Comedy in four years. Once this was done I spent the evening wrestling with my laptop trying to put together the latest mailout; there’s no rest for the wicked comedy club promoter it seems.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.