Sleep Deprived David.


You know you’re overtired when you find yourself so drowsy from dozing that you speak to someone who isn’t there as you return to consciousness, loudly and confidently as if you were mid-conversation.

“Yes”, I said to no-one in particular as I woke up from my brief snooze, proving that whatever it was I was just dreaming, I was very sure of it. 

I’ve been feeling extremely shattered since returning from Edinburgh as the exhaustion of a month away catches up with me. as I write, I’m literally struggling to stay awake and should really just go to bed, though this probably wasn’t helped by the combination of a couple of glasses of wine I’ve had this evening and the medication I’m taking; either way, this paragraph has taken far more persistence than it really should have done and to what end?

I sometimes have quite skewed priorities, though then again I’m probably just overdramatizing because of the tiredness; either way, my time would be better served by just going to bed than sitting here discussing it.

Outside of talking to myself, I had a nice evening just listening to s few records with my wife using the record player she bought me as present recently. I started by putting on my mono copy of Sgt Pepper as I’ve been watching a couple of video interviews with The Beatles' recording engineer Geoff Emerick in which he swears blindly it’s the only version worth listening too (recent remaster included). This is partly because only the mono mixing sessions were deemed worthy of having The Beatles present. It’s also fitting for me to return to that LP as it was my first introduction to the group all those years ago, so it’s amazing the vinyl’s still standing all these years later. But more on that another time as I just practically fell asleep again…'

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.