Strictly Come Tweeting (29.09.18)

So, we reach week two of Strictly and the voting starts in earnest.

There were a lot of dances to get through tonight what with it being so early in the series; so much so, I reached a point about two-thirds in where I couldn’t for the life of me work out which celebrities we hadn’t seen yet. Despite being a long evening I still enjoyed myself, although this enjoyment was sullied by some of Craig and Bruno’s bitchy feedback to Susannah in particular.

While I know Craig tends to work in sound bites and will usually give his negative comments first closely followed by the positive, when he only has time to say one thing, I don’t know why he’d go for something completely soul-destroying and unconstructive and often confidence shattering. Both he and Bruno are choreographers and the dance world can be an acid-tongued business, but surely with all their experience they’d know a scathing comment goes a long way toward making a non-dancer want to give up; I know I would.

As ever, I tweeted along to tonight’s show; here's what was said:

6:33PM: They're all going home this week; they don't live-in.

6:35PM: One day the judges will choreograph their entrance.

6:38PM: Kevin's rehearsal hair's back.

6:45PM: Making them run up a staircase after dancing adds insult to injury.

6:47PM: He just referred to himself in third-person. Unsurprising.

6:50PM: I feel sorry for the person who has to empty the spit-valve.

6:59PM: Gorka's come as Aladdin.

7:02PM: "Craig's critique's as mindful of the stage of the competition as ever", he said sarcastically.

7:03PM: Oti Mabuse's name is best said to the tune of Radio Ga Gs.

7:04PM: Hands up who's thinking of The Commitments.

7:12PM: As ever, the lighting design's excellent.

7:15PM: Kate's addicted to dancing. I'm addicted to lemsip and other paracetamol-based drinks

7:17PM: Apprentice roof-thatcher; not a dying industry at all.

7:19PM: One thing i can state as fact; @glyndoggett will have bought the single Cotton Eye Joe. No doubt about it.

7:26PM: A little Gershwin. Love it.

7:28PM: Constructive criticism from Craig once again; he should become a mentor.

7:30PM: Some people aren't natural dancers, but they're improvement still deserves acknowledgment.

7:32PM: A note on feedback, Craig and Bruno; when you can tell someone's being hurt by what you're saying, reel it in.

7:36PM: Nice of Lee to put on his favourite tracksuit bottoms for us.

7:44PM: Danny John-Jules looks good just standing.

7:51PM: I sang 'Somewhere' at my drama school audition. A few years later, I snuck into the office to read my notes: "Nice voice, zero stage presence".

8:00PM: His performance was fab, but I'm still trying to understand Dr Ranj's outfit.

8:12PM: Every so often, I remember they film #Strictly in the same room that was once The Overlook Hotel. https://twitter.com/David_Ephgrave/status/1046115620071378945

8:19PM: Bruno's having flashbacks. https://twitter.com/David_Ephgrave/status/1046117385240018947

8:28PM: There goes my labyrinthitis.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.