Largess? Largest.


While it’s a slow process, I’m trying to get myself into better shape and slim down a bit

I’ve never been one to carry much weight - to paraphrase The Beatles - though in the last year or so, a combination of taking medication that can increase the lbs I’m packing, plus - let’s face it - a few too many biscuits have seen me loosen my belt a notch or two for the first time in my life (except for when I drop my trousers). This has inevitably affected my morale as no-one wants to be dragging along unnecessary ballast.

Therefore the time has come for me to do something to address my advancing waistline before it becomes too hard to reverse. My main approach has been to increase my exercise; I already do a lot of walking (which is one of the prerequisites of a non-driver) though I’ve made an active point of upping my footfall by doing thirty minutes on a step machine every day, which is something I intend to keep up (and if anything add to) in the hope it will help the battle of the bulge, so to speak.

There are lots of reasons why I’d like to go back to being more lithe, but the main one’s as simplistic as it’s obvious: I just want to look better and feel better in myself. Being a performer’s hard enough without feeling everyone’s judging you for your size (my dad being one of the most amusing / destroying instances).

I often forget how much weight I’ve put on until I catch my reflection in a shop window and promptly want to dive through it; it’s just not a good look. I just wish they didn’t make biscuits so damn delicious or the tablets I’m taking so fattening; I’m stuck between a rock cake and a hard plaice.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.