Animal House.


I’m officially on pet-sitting duties for the week, staying at my mum’s to look after her dog and cat (two separate animals) while she’s on holiday in Rhodes.

There’s a slight air of responsibility to the whole affair, although I’ve looked after both in the past and have walked my mum’s dog a lot over the years, so I’m sure I’m up to the challenge. As I type, the dog’s asleep in the kitchen and the cat’s asleep on the bed upstairs, so all’s going according to plan for the moment; I haven’t set fire to the house yet.

Hopefully it will make for a nice change to spend a few days here in their company. I’ve got quite a lot to prepare for over the next three weeks, what with two Mostly Comedys and the filming of my show, but there’s no reason I can’t do most of the prep here. I’ve brought my computer, my acoustic guitar and my show notes, so there’s little to hold me back; the change of scenery may even help, plus my mum has a nice garden I can sit in if the weather’s good.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a pain as I have a doctors’ appointment in Stevenage in the morning so I’ll have to get a couple of buses there, but that’s the biggest faff of the week, save Thursday when I have Mostly Comedy, but my wife will take my place here for that. I’m sure she’s looking forward to some quality time with my mum’s pets too; they’re certainly very welcoming. They’re also far nicer than most humans, which is no surprise; maybe Doctor Doolittle got it right (although he does have to hang around with Holly Willoughby as part of his job description, so make of that what you like).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.