Power Guzzler.


Today, I was responsible for two household energy-based fails: (1) I left the iron on while I was in the bath, and (2) the heating's been on for most of the day.

It seems I’ve become lackadaisical with electricity in my mid-thirties. When it comes to power these days, I just don’t care. The melting of the polar icecaps is nigh on inevitable, so why not speed up the process? I'm not going to sit and wait for it to come of its own accord.

In reality, I was annoyed on both counts. I’ve lost track of the times I’ve been out and about, worrying that the iron was still plugged in; on this occasion, I was only in the next room, getting clean. Not only did I have a bath; I also washed my hair - so it must have been on for over an hour. I’m lucky my kitchen didn’t wind up resembling a sauna steam room.

I had a better alibi for forgetting about the heating. I spent the morning tumble-drying bath towels, which always raises the humidity. Today, I thought I’d assist this by letting my hot air vents jam along with it. The upshot is I now look like I’m made from leather. I resemble a present-day Paul Nicholas, which isn't a bonus.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.