A Night Off


It was nice to not be gigging tonight.

Today I’ve been feeling brain-dead and overworked. It didn’t help that I had a late night last night, thanks to an exceptionally delayed train home from Brighton to St Pancras. It’s been good to be so busy recently, and to be working towards my goals (primarily next month’s Brighton show and Edinburgh in August) – but it’s also nice to have a bit of headspace. I feel like I’ve been overloading myself a bit.

I vaguely ran through my proposed set for tomorrow’s gig in Guildford late this afternoon, but was too tired to make any definite decisions about it. Either way, it will be good to play a proper club for a change, other than just my own one. I’m looking forward to it. I made some rough notes about what to talk about, so I’ll check it again tomorrow on fresh eyes, to decide for certain what goes in and what goes out.

On that note, I’ll sign off for tonight, as my eyes are trying their darndest to shut up shop. Hopefully, I’ll wake up tomorrow all invigorated from tonight’s break; we shall see.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.