'University Challenged 2018/19: Part Five' (27.08.18)


I spent my last evening in Edinburgh live-tweeting University Challenge, during a brief break from tidying my digs to a reasonable standard for me to bugger off back down South.

It appealed to my OCD that I managed to tweet once per minute for the first six minutes of the show; I only wish I could have kept it up all the way through. See below what was said not quite so frequently:

Strathclyde Vs. Durham (27.08.18)

8:31PM: I'll probably be tweeting about #UniversityChallenge for a bit. Sorry.

8:32PM: Is it me, or is Paxman starting to resemble someone's mum?

8:33PM: The first two chaps from Team Strathclyde would "cut yer".

8:34PM: Cameron Yule's collar position was no accident.

8:35PM: Moll Flanders; best sung to the tune of Goldfinger.

8:36PM: Toynbee: hair like an otter's pelt.

8:38PM: Strathclyde Pollock: a form of jig.

8:42PM: Pollock - P + B = Bollock
Ember + M = Member

Makes you think.

8:46PM: (Return of the King) come on.
(Return of the King) oh my God.
(You know that I'll be back) here I am.
(Return of the King) once again.
(Return of the King) pump up the world.
(Return of the King) watch my flow.
(You know that I'll be back) here I go.

8:49PM: Paxman learns all the questions in advance; the card he's holding just says, "NO".

8:50PM: Could Paxman stop saying secrete, please?

8:56PM: I know Paxman's hardly known for his politeness, but not bothering to acknowledge a wrong answer is just rude; sorry they're wasting your time, Jeremy.

8:58PM: Yule thinks he's James Dean.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.