Subpar Wednesday.


Despite being a busy one for me - relatively speaking - today’s show was hard work as, try as I might, I couldn’t seem to get them on board.

It wasn’t that they weren’t enjoying it, but they barely vocalized it, which wasn’t helped by the fact they were spread out across the room with no sense of cohesion. There were some nice moments - my favourite being when it sounded like someone’s watch fell off their wrist, which I pointed out by working it into the punchline I was delivering mid-sentence - but it's ultimately hard work when you’re throwing your all into it to be confronted by near silence.

I was particularly pleased with how the songs sounded; probably due to a combination of my voice feeling rested from Monday’s day off and my guitar still sounding bright from its recent restringing. It’s been enjoyable to play so often and to reconnect with some of the music I’ve written. It's a shame I had to drop ‘It’s For You’ to give the show room to breathe as it was particularly enjoyable to sing as I haven’t performed it often, but this was definitely the right thing to do; perhaps this re-connection will lead me to finish some of the songs that have been hanging around for a while in need of completion, but we shall see.

My mood hasn’t been helped by the fact my replacement screen hasn’t arrived yet, despite my sitting in waiting for it all day, aside from the few hours I went to the venue to do the show. I feel I’ve wasted a day and am a little cabin-feverish, which - combined with an unsatisfying show - made for a not-very-enjoyable day to reckon with; hopefully tomorrow will fare better.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.