Now You Don't See It.


I don’t know what it is that’s making just a single couple tend to turn up to see my show so frequently but it happened again today, though this time they decided against watching it on their own, which is completely understandable, and not something I’d do myself anyway, other than yesterday when the gig started with one of my flyerers in too.

Unfortunately, today ended up being another no-show day, which was a shame, but such is life when you start at midday; a couple did come along, though they snuck off when they realised they were the only ones and who can blame them; not that I would have performed the show to just the two of them as it would have been too intense.

Once I’d packed down my gear I nipped home for a shower and then on to the station to meet my wife, who’s up until Sunday. The route to the station was packed with the usual dawdlers with no spacial awareness who spread out across the pavement when you’re trying to sneak past, or stand on both sides of the escalator. My tolerance for this sort of thing is low at the best of the times, but is magnified against the backdrop of the Fringe where you’re always trying to get somewhere a little further away than you’d like in next- to-no time; at least I knew I’d see my wife at the end of the aggravating journey.

We popped into the lovely café Levels that I frequented reqularly last year for a quick cup of tea before heading back to the digs and then on to Assembly to see my friend Glen’s show (which was a lot of fun). Now I’m unfeasibly more knackered so I should go to bed or I'll never catch up on myself...

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.