Not Now David.


I ended up cancelling today’s show as only one couple had booked, which was a relief in many ways as I'm very tired.

I went out and chatted to them just before I was due to start to see what they’d prefer and we decided mutually that not doing it was the best option, as forcing them into an hour-long eyeballing from me would be pretty intense. They were really very nice about it; I offered them comps should they wish to come another time, though it was only when I got back to my digs that I remembered they would have actually paid for their tickets so I should have offered them a refund too, though according to my ticket report they’d at least opted for a 2for1 deal, so at least they didn't pay full whack (though I still apologise in case they happen to read this).

Of course, I would have preferred to have known in advance I wasn’t doing it, instead of setting everything up to pack down again. It doesn’t help that my gaffa tape stocks are running perilously low, though I ordered some more through Amazon Prime today as my life’s a nonstop thrill; better this than buy some in Edinburgh, as they only seem to sell the stuff in rolls of shorter than a metre.

My only plan now is to rest and recuperate; I won't be stepping out of my digs for anything short of an emergency until tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.