'University Challenged 2018/19: Part Four' (20.08.18)


For a terrifying seven-minute period, I thought I’d have to abandon my Twitter coverage of tonight’s episode of University Challenge as my phone froze completely and wouldn’t work.

Thank God I had my laptop to hand, or there would have been at least five people out there deeply disappointed they weren't able read my usual pithy (or take-the-piss-y) commentary. But I wasn’t prepared to let technology stand in my way. If all else failed, I would have sprinted up Arthur’s Seat - as I’m currently staying just around the corner from it - and orated my intended tweets like the Dalai Lama from a mountain top; provided I had sufficient Wi-Fi coverage to watch it on iPlayer that is.

See below for my slightly late-starting social media-based thoughts.

Clare - Cambridge Vs. Hertford - Oxford (20.08.18)

8:37PM: "I'm reading Law..." 

(Huh) 

(What is it good for?) 

"...absolutely..." 

(Nothing) 

"Say it again."

8:39PM: Oxford's Woodgate: my favourite scandal.

8:39PM: ....and now the time has come to discuss Taylor's hair.

8:42PM: If Taylor was one of BraveStarr's magic powers, he'd be "hair of a cunt".

8:42PM: Nixon certainly puts his all into pressing that buzzer.

8:44PM: Gurr's sporting some big check.

8:46PM: Gurr gives further weight to my theory that every #UniversityChallenge team has at least one Herr Flick.

8:47PM: "What's your favourite herb, David?" Well, I've always been a bit of a rocket man.

8:48PM: The Beach Boys? The fucking Beach Boys? I Can See For Miles? THE BEACH BOYS?

8:50PM: Whatever it cost to make tonight's episode of #UniversityChallenge was justified by hearing Paxman say the word "indie" like someone's mum.

8:51PM: Paxman has NEVER been kind.

8:53PM: Imagine Paxman imparting bad news. "Your mother is DEAD."

8:56PM: Why do they always back the images in #UniversityChallenge questions with that spermy water graphic?

8:57PM: Can Paxman say Brest some more, please?

8:58PM: Waterway to have a good time.

8:59PM: Sorry for tonight's potty mouth.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.