GBBO 2018: Volume One (28.08.18)


It would be little surprise to anyone who knows me that I love cake.

It would also be no shock to those who follow me on Twitter that I like tweeting along to competitive cake-baking, in much the same way I like to tweet along to competitive ballroom dancing (#Strictly) or competitive hyper-intelligent student quizzing (#UniversityChallenge). So it was that I found myself doing just that, not long after stepping off the train from Edinburgh to home, as I watched the first in the current series of the Bake-Off on C4.

It can be disconcerting when a new series starts as you're slightly thrown by all the unfamiliar faces in such a familiar format; consequently, I’m usually at least a few weeks in before I can comfortably recall the names of most people who appear on it and - more importantly - which annoy me.

Here are yesterday’s Bake-Off ramblings:

8:12PM: "He's updating the thirteenth Century aberfrow..."; about time.

8:12PM: Karen's Yorkshire Perkins; didn't she used to present it?

8:23PM: PAUL: "I like the look of them." Bet you do, Paul.

8:27PM: Noel's dressed as a tub of Neopolitan ice cream.

8:28PM: Wagon wheel recipe:

1) Go to ASDA.
2) Buy some wagon wheels.

DONE.

8:32PM: The one with the hipster tache is played by Charlie Higson.

8:42PM: The flourish beneath the #GBBO logo looks like Terry's tache; I spy a conspiracy.

8:46PM: I envy Antony's beard density.

8:59PM: The first ever #GBBO dick pic.

9:05PM: Terry's made a biscuit death mask.

9:11PM: I've never been frightened of a biscuit before until Terry's death mask.

9:12PM: But I'd just learnt Imelda's face. 😥

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.