Scottish Sunday.

Today's audience were lovely and the show was considerably more settled than the day before, which was great.

The turnout was a case of quality over quantity as there were only five in (which was five fewer than the guy on the door suggested were waiting in the bar beforehand, so God knows what happened to the other five; perhaps the doorman suffers from double vision).

At first, all of them sat on one side of the room, though one had the sense to switch to the other side just before I started. They didn’t seem uncomfortable with the low numbers and were with me all the way, which is all you want from an audience really.

It helped tthat I took on a new technician today, who was actually one of my flyerers until he received an upgrade (if an upgrade it is). He has the perfect temperament for it, plus he’s keen the job done right, but best of all, he doesn’t have to rush off at curtain down, which made the world of difference; finally, I could leave the room marginally less sweaty and stressed than usual. The sense of organization today also helped considerably, marking the first instance of me actually starting at 12pm (in fact, I could have started a few minutes earlier, but decided to hang off until midday to get a proper idea of running time). I even managed to fit in the piece of material I’ve cut every day up until now, which was well received so I suspect it’s a keeper, though I’ll almost certainly have to cut a song to keep the rest in place. Eventually the show will be finished; if I can just perform it once in its entirety before 26th August I’ll be happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.