Goes to Show.


It was good to get back on the Edinburgh Fringe horse today, metaphorically-speaking, after a nearly week-long hiatus, which was finally rectified by having my ear syringed so I no longer felt like I'm living under a bell jar.

When I left my appointment yesterday, everything sounded so clear on my walk through Princes Street Gardens it was as if my soundtrack was being provided by an award-winning Foley artist (who won the prize for Most Convincing Recreation of a Scottish Tourist Hotspot). This return to normality put me in an inordinately good mood for someone at the latter stage of an Edinburgh Fringe run, probably because I knew I’d finally be able to do my show again, which is the reason I’m here after all.

The only slight setback today was we went up a good five or ten minutes late due to a tech issue, which meant I was behind on time from the get-go, though it still managed to be a fun gig irrespective of that. The audience was tiny admittedly, with about five or six in (one of whom was my old drama school friend Claire), but they were very up for it so it made for an enjoyable gig. We regularly strayed from the material, which is always the sign of a fun show. Despite this, I still couldn’t help but be frustrated when the audience filed in for the show after mine on my way out, as they kept coming and coming and coming; another reminder of what a difference an even fractionally later start-time makes.

One small bit of a good news to end today: I’ve just clocked my cutting-hedge technology gag also made it into the Scotsman’s Top Forty Best Jokes of the Fringe; admittedly it’s essentially a reconstituted version of the Edinburgh Evening News Article, but I’m still going to use it; I’m no mug.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.