What a Good'un.


Today’s show was my favourite of the run so far, which was surprising, as I felt particularly tired when I got to the venue this morning.

I think I’ve reached the point where my fatigue is magnified, purely through being this far into the Festival, plus my vertigo has become more evident over the past few days. Usually the first sign is my feeling anxious before realising the root is actually the dizziness that’s begun to surface, which was exactly how I felt yesterday, which is not surprising considering my hectic work rate; tiredness is one of the biggest contributory factors to my dizziness, which in turn makes me feel vulnerable as confusing signals are being sent to my brain.

My walk to the venue this morning wasn’t particularly fun because of this, plus I got there a lot later than usual. I still managed to set everything up in good time, but I wasn’t exactly feeling my best, so it was pleasing that the audience - which despite being pretty modest, was still perhaps my biggest of the run so far - were very up to it.


Before and during today's show (10.07l18

I don’t know what it was about today’s show, but things seemed to gel better than many others, with parts of it making sense for the first time for me. I like how that’s often the case here, where the luxury of a long run allows more time have a longer, more intricate detailed look at what you’re doing.

It was pleasing that my PR was in today too, as I wanted him to see the show when it’s in a good state. He seemed to actively enjoyed it and gave nice feedback afterwards, so all it was a good early afternoon’s work.

Then at 5pm I was at a studio in the Pleasance for a live interview on their student station Fresh Air Radio about the show, which was a nice chat. I then headed back to my digs with my wife for a quiet evening in over a small beer and some cheese and biscuits. I’d better go to bed shortly though, as I want to feel a little more ready for what’s coming up ahead.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.