"Eezer Goode, Eezer Goode..."


It goes to show just how much the Internet rots your brain that when I saw the word ‘tumbler’ in a recipe this evening, my first thought was, “Well, that’s spelt wrong”.

What’s more worrying is when I wrote the above sentence, I made the same mistake again; so even though I’m sitting at my computer with the express purpose of writing a blog about my tumbler / Tumblr confusion, I'd (1) already forgotten my intended subject mid-sentence, and (2) had misremembered the spelling of the word once again; you wouldn’t think I have an A at A-level English.

Where will this unintentional dropping of Es from my everyday life end? Will I find myself in the market for a new coffee grindr? Will I settle down in front of the TV at 7:35am this Sunday to watch an ITV4 repeat of the George Cole vehicle Mindr? In years to come will I be plagued with a rapidly weakening bladdr? Just be grateful I haven’t resorted to writing in text-speak; if I ever do that, you can punch me in the face.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.