The Sun Shines in Scotland.


Here's another of the promo interviews I've done recently in the lead-up to Edinburgh; this time it's for the Scottish Sun (which is an oxymoron)

1)   What’s the show/performer (name/title, venue, dates):

‘David Ephgrave: My Part in His Downfall’, Just Up the Road, Just the Tonic at The Caves, 2-12, 14-19, 21-26 August at 12 Midday.

2)   What’s it about? Who’s in it? What’s the inspiration behind it?

It’s an hour-long assessment of the pitfalls that have led to my stretching the definition of up-and-coming for sixteen years; if I get to the twenty mark without a huge leap in fortune, I’ll expect a medal. On balance, I’ve not done too badly - I’m an actor, musician and comedian who’s worked in the West End and most of the provincial theatres around the country - but it’s possible this jack-of-all-trades approach to what I laughingly call a career has held me back; if I’d taken that junior manager’s job at Argos in Letchworth, I’d be raking it in by now. Or I’d be selling rakes at least.

3)   There’s a lot of choice in Edinburgh why should people come and see this one?

Because the more that do, the bigger the metaphorical two fingers I wave in the face of the careers advisor who said I should be a teacher. To be fair, he must be long dead so I’m already winning.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.