Pass the Parcel to Parcelforce.


My equipment and luggage for Edinburgh is now all packed and ready to be shipped up to Scotland tomorrow, with me following a day later.

Getting my gear together was yet another reminder of how much time is spent doing anything but working on the show, as there’s just so much involved in taking a production (he said grandly) to the Fringe; quite frankly, it’s tedious, as all the extraneous stuff is never what you set out to do.

As silly as it is, I noted this morning that I didn’t make it into The Telegraph’s top 25 Funniest Fringe Jokes list again this year, when in an unspoken way, I had my fingers crossed I would; it’s that standard Fringe lesson: don’t get caught up in hope or expectations or you’ll wind up disappointed. It doesn’t really matter; it’s such an arbitrary thing, but subconsciously it made me feel a little down, as I want the show to be a worthwhile venture and sadly, it’s things like this that make a show's success more tangible; I don’t like being motivated by this stuff, but it’s still true.

Like I said, the knack is to not expect much as most of the good things that happen in life are unexpected anyway. It would just be nice to get some positive coverage, but if I don’t, I just want to do my best to enjoy the show, keep relaxed and have the audience enjoy it too; it should be a markedly looser hour to my past three, but hopefully it's all the better for it. At the very least, it’s different...

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.