Bouncy Bouncy.


Tonight I went down to the Market Theatre to pose for photos for my Edinburgh artwork.



Pleasingly, it didn’t take long to get what we wanted, though it will be Glyn’s photoshop that will ultimately swing it and make the idea work. The premise is that I’ll appear to be falling through the air as if I’ve leapt from a plane or off the top of a building, to fit in with the ‘downfall’ theme. To make it work, I jumped up and down repeatedly in front of a green screen, ensuring I lifted my feet up behind me enough that the perspective will look right once we add me to the right backdrop; this seemed the most sensible way to do things, rather than arranging for me to actually leap from a great height.

Earlier today, Glyn and I popped into Hitchin Town Hall to organise a few last-minute things for Thursday’s Harry Hill / Simon Munnery Mostly Comedy. What’s good is we managed to alleviate the majority of our concerns about what we know is not the most user-friendly space, thanks to the size of the room and a number of bizarre modifications they made to the venue when it was recently refurbished.

The seed of worry was firmly planted at the weekend when I emailed our contact at the Town Hall (through which we’d made the booking) for an out-of-office reply to shoot back saying he’d left the company. This didn’t exactly fill us with confidence as, despite trying to get him to put our agreement in writing - even informally - he never did, so a number of things were now going to be just on trust; also, it was good of him to let us know he was off.

Thankfully, the woman we spoke to at the venue today was completely on-it. For starters, when we arrived she told us she’d just replied to the email that I’d forwarded to her once I was aware of our contact’s departure, which, when I looked at it, she’d done the nearly unheard of and answered all my queries; this almost never happens, so it was a pleasant surprise to deal with someone who was very efficient.

At least, I now feel we can head towards Thursday’s show with a modicum of confidence. This also hopefully means I can spend much of the rest of this week working on my show instead of being snowed down in admin. Watch this space...

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.