Coming Soon to a Fringe Venue Near You.


I’m annoyed to have seemingly missed out on advertising space outside my Edinburgh venue this year, which is very frustrating as I think it made a real difference last time around.

Last year's advert (which I won't have this time, sonny Jim).

I was particularly fortunate last year as the bit of the hoarding with my artwork on it was right by the entrance to The Caves, so was pretty much the first thing you’d see as you walked in; fortunate's definitely the word, as if it had been on ground level (as opposed to the next row up) it would have been almost completely obscured by those big industrial bins you see all around Edinburgh. It’s practically a miracle this wasn’t the case for me as that’s the sort of cruel twist of fate that usually stalks me like my shadow.

Perhaps that’s why I didn’t get anything at all this year; to redress the balance from last year’s advertising coup. I keep chasing the venue about it, but haven’t had any reply, though the deadline for artwork’s tomorrow morning, so I must have missed out. Frustratingly, it’s something I’d enquired about months ago, because it was very important to me, but didn’t hear anything back then either; what can you do?

I can’t help but feel this is another setback I could have done without, having very much wanted a different time slot this time and to not be in a slightly bigger room than usual so early. I feel like I’m firmly on the back foot right from the off, before I’ve even had time to counteract it. I just have to hope a combination of my PR, a good team of flyerers and some positive word of mouth will do the trick instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.