'University Challenged 2017/18: Volume Ten (25.09.17)'

Tonight’s University Challenge was a little dull really, in so much as there weren’t any riduclously flamboyant personalities to keep a handle on.

Ultimately I think we’re sill in the wake of Monkman, in that we’ve yet to have anyone come close to his legendary, slightly unhinged way. The nature of the show is that there we’re always be a few desperately unconventional people to look forward to in the coming weeks, but they weren’t there tonight; I think I’ll write a letter of complaint to my local MP.

Here are tonight’s Twitter shenanigans:

Imperial Vs. Strathclyde

8:02PM: Rubio Gorrochategui used up nearly every letter.

8:03PM: You're a Dijkman.

8:05PM: I liked listening to CDs on my Dijkman on long journeys in mid-Nineties.

8:06PM: I contracted Rubio Gorrochategui once. Nearly killed me.

8:08PM: If I ever marry again, I plan to use a disdainful Paxman "No" when exchanging vows.

8:10PM: Imperial Waddingham is the Imperial War Museum with poor diction.

8:13PM: Idea for a gameshow called Pangolin or Mandolin.

8:13PM: Idea for a prog band called Pollard's Pocket Handkerchief

8:17PM: Dijkman's depressed getting-an-answer-right face.

8:23PM: Pollard wouldn't look out of place in an Alan Partridge tie-and-blazer-badge combination.

8:29PM: Does Roger Tilling shout his voice-over from a different studio?
Roger Tilling shout his voice-over from a different studio?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.