GBBO 2017: Week Four (19.09.17)


The theme for this week’s Great British Bake Off was caramel; a topic that would have made that female rabbit from the old Cadbury’s Caramel adverts sit up and take note (if she wasn’t a fictional character).

As ever, there were some splendid creations to behold (particularly from Liam and Yan) and yet again, Paul Hollywood was in an unnervingly upbeat mood; the blue-eyed glare of yesteryear has become a distant sexy-Scouse memory.

Once again, I found myself tweeting along with the show; see below for all of them collated; WHY DO I DO THIS?

8:04PM: "The first time I went to my favourite caramel shop I was five..."

8:04PM: I'll cut YOU into portions.

8:06PM: Is Jaffa a trademark? Someone find out...

8:08PM: I'm marking this week's caramel week by pouring molten sugar onto my groin. Weird?

8:12PM: "This time next year, we'll be millionaire's (shortbread)."

8:22PM: Sophie's biscuits: because it's always nice to see electrical tape on primetime television.

8:26PM: In my house (and amongst my friends) these are known as stroppy-waffles. FACT.

8:35PM: YOU SHOULD BE PUTTING THESE STROOPWAFFELS ON TOP OF A CUP OF TEA, FOR GOD'S SAKE.

8:45PM: I was attached to a spiced caramel drip once; it wasn't good for the heart.

8:48PM: Where I store my caramel.

8:49PM: Paul Hollywood's hair is made from frosted spun sugar.

8:56PM: I'd just stick a scouring pad on top of my cake, in place of spun sugar.

9:02PM: Prue's jewellery was the product of a fight with an abacus.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.