Write it Down.


I had another good day of writing today, which makes me feel like I’m starting to move up a gear with my preparations for this year’s Edinburgh.

That’s not to say I’m not still at the early stages (there’s a lot of nots in that sentence), but there’s a sense that things are picking up. I haven’t learnt much of it yet - it’s just a series of slideshow & Evernote recordings at the moment - but I can slowly see things starting to take shape. If I can keep momentum up for the next week or so, I can hopefully get a few more slideshows recorded, so I can begin to get it in my head in time for my first work-in-progress dates in Bath next month.

I won’t say much more tonight as I’m struggling to stay awake; this could be the influence of the cat that’s nearly always asleep on my lap. I leave with a final thought: on popping to the shop this evening for some emergency chopped tomatoes, I saw a number of CDs on sale at the counter with the title ‘Now That’s What I Call Mum’. I can’t for the life of me fathom out that title as a concept. Still…at least it’s a marginal step up from this. That said, the people at Now seem to be stretching the idea of their albums; whatever the case, I bet Neil Diamond’s on it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.