Sockflash.


Jon Snow’s socks go all the way up. 


At least that’s my theory. He certainly loves showing them off. No Channel Four News trailer would be complete without a bit of gratuitous ankle.

It’s like he’s trying to mesmerise his audience. Perhaps he thinks his footwear will soften the blow of any shocking stories. Either that, or he’s under the misapprehension that he’s a cheeky Victorian woman.

It’s a desperate attempt to impress personality on proceedings; a way of saying ‘I may be a newsreader, but I’m just like you’. He may as well wear a t-shirt with 'I’m Not As Think As You Drunk I Am' emblazoned on the front (though I doubt the C4 producers would allow this).

I bet it’s more than just a pair of socks. I suspect he’s sporting a stripy, one-piece body stocking under that suit. Let’s hope we never find out. I doubt my heart could cope with it. 

Jon Snow's socks have their own Facebook Page. Check it out.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.