Paint it Blue.


I spent the morning washing my bathroom walls, which isn’t a euphemism.

I wasn't confused, if that's what you're thinking. I didn’t do it instead of cleaning myself. That came first. The reason for wiping my walls (also not a euphemism) is I’m about to redecorate.

It’s something I’ve meant to do for ages. Finally, I’ve got around to it. I’m unreasonably excited at the prospect. For too long, my bathroom’s been my secret shame. I hate it when people go in there. It will be nice to replace this sinking feeling* with pride.

It should also be quite therapeutic. I love painting. I know the job won’t be straightforward, as there are a lot of pipes to negotiate, but it will be satisfying knowing I did it myself. It might even make me feel like a man for once. Perhaps that's a little too ambitious.

*No pun intended.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.