Nocturnal Richie.


Going to a show on Lionel Richie’s All Night Long Tour sounds like one hell of a commitment.

I’m very fond of the ex-frontman of The Commodores (who played no part in the design or manufacture of the 80s computer). He’s a great singer / songwriter and seems a good sport. While there’s no doubt to his capabilities as a showman, I still wouldn’t want to sit through an eight-hour set. That would test even his biggest fan’s patience.

I could have misunderstood the title. Perhaps he's squeezed his entire tour schedule into just one night. He’d be exhausted by the travelling alone. Think of the carbon footprint.

I watched ‘An Audience with Lionel Richie’ on ITV a few years back. The celebrities in the crowd were so low-grade, I almost expected to see myself sat amongst them. Lionel Richie doesn’t know who Eamonn Holmes is (lucky him); nor does he have a working knowledge of the cast of Coronation Street. Still, it was worth watching, if only for the brief cutaway to Moira Stuart getting into it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.