Watching the Wheels.


For the last few days I’ve been enjoying the special Autumnwatch series on BBC2, which focuses on the season in New England.

I find the programme (and its counterpart Springwatch) good for the soul; it’s the perfect palate cleanser. I think it was Stephen Fry who said there’s nothing ugly in nature (though he clearly hasn’t seen some of the things that stalk the depths of the ocean or the Good Morning Britain studio) and in many ways I think he’s right. There’s certainly plenty of evidence to support it, putting Piers Morgan to one side for a moment…

Watching these programmes is a bit of a go-to reset for the brain and is one of the few things that will take my mind off my day-to-day worries; it’s so affective they should put it on the National Health.

A few years ago I was watching Springwatch’s sister programme Springwatch Unsprung on the night when they had Vic Reeves as a guest, and the combination of him and the fantastic Chris Packham spelt pure trouble; so much so, the show received a raft of complaints; proof that some people have to much time on their hands.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.