Fixing Holes.

I had to pull out of a radio interview today to promote next week’s St Albans Mostly Comedy so `i could sort some family issues, which was a shame as I was looking forward to it, though Glyn did it by himself so at least it was covered.

I regularly find myself in the role of problem sorter with my relatives these days, which in some ways I loosely enjoy as it feels like a good use of my time; it suits me as I’ve always been a bit of a know-all. My thing is I like to try make people understand my viewpoint, so I can be prone to rephrasing it repeatedly in quick succession in the hope that one explanation will hit home and get my meaning across.

If a friend of family member is struggling, I try to find a way to help that means everyone gets the support they need but not at the expense of one or all of our nervous systems. This can be particularly difficult with older relatives as they’re very unlikely to want to step out of their comfort zone to try something different, even if to me it seems like the most obvious thing to do.

I suppose the only plus side to my current family situation is the fact we seem to be starting together with a common goal. We’ve proved we can be compatible when we want to be. The problem outside of that may mean searching for outside help, and no-one likes doing that.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.