Furriest - sometimes furious - Friend.


The last few days have been difficult as my cat, who I dote on, isn’t very well.

Unfortunately, the problems she’s having aren’t something she'll get over, which is very hard to bear. She’s comfortable for the most part, but it’s painful to see her struggling, though we hope we might be able to get some help from the vets’ tomorrow, once they’ve done a urine test (my wife being the brave one who managed to collect the sample).

Pets are an import aspect of life for me, and Millie’s such a valuable part of the household, who’s welcomed me home late time after time, when I’ve got back from shows and gigs, usually settling on my lap while I unwind over a cup of tea before bed. People who don’t spend time around animals would probably think I’m being soppy in being so upset, but their lives are emptier for the lack of understanding of the positive effect having pets around you can bring; I can’t imagine a time when I won’t have any; they improve me, however ridiculous that sounds.

All I can do right now is keep an eye on her and do my best to keep her safe and contented. I slept in the front room with her last night and I’ll do the same tonight; hopefully that’ll help; I really hope so as she’s a precious little thing.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.