Strictly Come Tweeting (20.10.18)

There was a lot of information to take on-board during tonight’s Strictly, though there were some lovely performances sprinkled throughout the show.
 

My favourites were Danny John-Jules’ jive, which bursted with energy, and Lauren Steadman’s contemporary routine, though mainly for her strong performance than for the style of dance, which I'm never too keen on.

I was surprised Craig Revel-Horward laid into her acting so much tonight as I thought for the first time she really connected with the emotion of the story, rather than just focusing on the steps. Don't get me wrong, her other dances have been good, just a little less comfortable, so tonight's performance really turned a corner for me.

As usual, I tweeted along with the show like a teenage gimp; here’s what I said:


6:51PM: Gotta love a panto audience.
6:52PM: Do the Tom Jones step, Alfonso. Do the Tom Jones step.
6:55PM: Is Carlton a Scientologist too?
6:58PM: Wouldn't it Be Nice: great song.
7:00PM: I'd give Dr Ranj a Sloop John B+.
7:03PM: Poor old Anton. Standing around.
7:06PM: The dogs are older than AJ.
7:09PM: I'm not a contemporary fan, but Lauren's dance was lovely. She's really performing now.
7:10PM: Bruno's in a cage, frothing at the mouth.
7:11PM: I super-disagree with Craig's feedback about Lauren. She really acted that and it WAS connected. *shakes fist*
7:13PM: Twelve lifts in 90 seconds. I couldn't lift anyone ONCE in that time.
7:16PM: Most singers would clock Wouldn't it Be Nice and Roxanne amongst the sheet music and take a sharp intake of breath. Literally.
7:17PM: If Brian May comes out and plays that bloody We Will Rock You solo... *shakes fist*.
7:33PM: I can't understand why you'd have a hard case if you throw your guitar about like that.
7:36PM: Seann Walsh's wearing the first ever example of a Magic Eye waistcoat.
7:40PM: Tequila arranged in the style of the theme tune to Eurotrash.
7:49PM: Joe's come as a member of Dexy's Midnight Runners.
7:50PM: The Rainbow Connection is one of my favourite songs. It gets me every time.
7:50PM: Joe's arms should have been on poles, just like Kermit.
7:57PM: I think I once spotted Vick in a carwash.
8:00PM: Carlton: Television for London.
8:13PM: Danny's wing-walking VT reminded me of Roy Castle on Record Breakers.
8:22PM: I'm a little bit bumpy in places.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.