GBBO: Week Eight (16.10.18)


Forgive my hyperbole, but I was so shocked by Manon’s surprise exit from tonight’s Bake Off I’m still recovering from the whiplash.

While he’s been a clear front-runner throughout the series, judging from his performance this week I thought it was a done deal that Rahul would go. I was so certain I’d metaphorically brought his car around to the tent entrance with the engine still running; even he looked sure too, displaying the low level delirium (if there’s such a thing) of a person who’d fully come to terms with the state of play and was relieved to be done with it.

So why did Manon get voted out? The answer is I don’t really know. Paul Hollywood made a few references to her baking more like a French person than a Danish one tonight (which was the theme of the show) but even this feedback sound like it had been tacked on afterwards; her baking may have been a tad less complicated this week, but there’s still no reason to banish her when someone else had so clearly struggled under pressure this time.

While Rahul’s been lucky to be returning next week, he’d better use his resources to pull out all the stops next week or he’ll be relegated.


8:06PM: Rahul once jumped at his own shadow.

8:10PM: Another week in the Bake Off tent.

8:10PM: The Catcher in the Rye Bread.

8:12PM: "Briony and Rahul are playing a dangerous game"; it's called Russian Roulette.

8:21PM: "It just needs to be a little bit stiffer"; I've had a tough day.

8:22PM: Prue's a bitch, Prue's a bitch...she's Ebenezer bitch.

8:47PM: This week's signature challenge would be perfect for me as my best friend looks just like a Danish pastry. Well, they did.

8:48PM: "God, I'm so hot"; that what I always say.

9:13PM: What? WHAT?! ...did Rahul have something on the judges?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.