'University Challenged: 2018/19' Week Twelve (08.10.18)


I’ve gone off University Challenge a little of late, both as a quiz show and as a source of humour.

I think it’s fair to say there hasn’t been a contestant of equally surreal stature since Monkman featured two series ago, and that’s far too long for my liking; yes, there’s been the occasional awkward moment that inspires a laugh but they’re few and far between.

So it is that comedically I find myself clutching at straws trying to find humour in the most inconsequential details, though to be fair, that pretty much describes my whole life. See below what I said about the show on Twitter.

UCL Vs. King's London (08.10.18)


8:33PM: You don't want to know what I keep stored in my south cloister.

8:34PM: I've got an average age of twenty-three.

8:34PM: Look through King's Jones' top to see a three-dimensional dolphin.

8:35PM: There should be more spelling on television.

8:42PM: Gentleman-burglar sounds like a euphemism if ever there was one.

8:45PM: "If you're going to Tsang Fang-cisco..."

8:53PM: An example of blobbism.


8:57PM: Michaela Bracken. 


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.