Strictly Come Tweeting: Halloween Week (27.10.18)


Tonight’s Halloween week of Strictly Come Dancing didn’t exactly set me alight.

It’s always billed as one of the most exiting episodes of the series, but as with each week’s episode, whether it captures your imagination is a delicate balance between the celebrities appearing and their dances, outifts and themes.

That’s not to say that hair and make-up didn’t go all out to make things look good; they always surpass themselves to make the show literally sparkle with imagination. Stacey and Kevin’s Doctor Who-style walz was a great example as they managed to make them look like The Doctor and a cyberman perfectly, while also hitting all the right buttons.

While tonight’s show was a quieter affair for me, I still tweeted along with it. Here’s what I said:

6:52PM: Oh, opening VT: why so awkward?

6:54PM: Don't say Tess Daly's name three times, whatever you do.


7:07PM: Michael Jackson did more for white sock sales in the Eighties than he did for the music industry.

7:12PM: To capture the soulless character of a cyberman, Kevin took excessive notes from Tess Daly.

7:44PM: Pasha's let himself go since he got together with Rachel Riley.

7:51PM: The Viennese Walsh.

7:53PM: I'd love to see the sheet music for 'I Put a Spell On You' to see how that vocal part was written out.

8:04PM: In 2003, I toured with a show called Time Warp.
None of the music rights had been paid for.
I was held hostage in digs in Ireland because our rooms hadn't been paid for.
The producer owed me a couple of grand.
His number's stored in my phone under 'C**t'.

True story.

8:11PM: Faye borrowed her hair from that woman in 'Allo 'Allo!

8:17PM: The band are bloody good.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.