Strictly Come Tweeting: Movies Week (06.10.18)


Tonight’s Strictly was the most enjoyable of the series so far for me, so that must mean I’ve finally settled into it.

You know what it’s like when for the first few weeks you can barely remember which of each couple is the celebrity and which is the professional dancer; that’s until they dance, of course, when it becomes obvious in nearly every instance. It tends to wash over me for a while until I find my stride and get into it, though it probably helps that Week Three is Movies Week as it gives me extra reason to connect with the routines and their themes.

There are a few contestants who stand out for me at this stage, be it for their personality or their dance-ability; off the top of my head I’m thinking of Graeme Swann, Danny John-Jules, Katie Piper and Lauren Steadman (though I did really enjoy Stacey Dooley’s routine this week too). The most memorable moment of tonight’s show for me was also the funniest, and that was the concept of a sexy female Doc Brown in Lee from Blue (man of no surname) and Nadiya Bychkova’s routine; as you’ll gather from my tweets below, I’ll never see that character the same way again.

6:36PM: Films I hope they do as it's Movie Week:

Mac and Me
Saw
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Stage Trek III: The Search for Spock
Weird Science
The Pink Panther (The Steve Martin version)
2 Girls 1 Cup.

6:41PM: Hands up who's thinking about Alan's ABBA medley?

6:44PM: Take a chance, take a chance, take a chucka-chucka chance chance,
Take a chance, take a chance, take a chucka-chucka chance chance,
Take a chance, take a chance, take a chucka-chucka chance chance...

...or a community chest.

6:46PM: Graziano's wearing one of Jon from the Bake Off's shirts.

6:51PM: Our licence fees paid for that fibreglass elephant; don't tell the @DailyMailUK.

6:53PM: Dr Ranj has Brucie's chin as a tribute.

6:57PM: They'd better be dancing to the ZZ Top's song from Back to the Future III.

6:57PM: ...like a sexy Doc Brown.

6:58PM: I'll never look at Christopher Lloyd the same way again.

6:58PM: Christopher Lloyd's aged well.

7:00PM: Why's no-one commenting on the concept of a sexy Doc Brown?

7:01PM: They should have asked Donald Trump to guest as evil Biff from Back to the Future II.

7:03PM: Lee's gilet is made from a repurposed garage door.

7:04PM: Did Aljaž say they're dancing to Why Don't We Do it In The Road?

7:05PM: They could bring sexy Christopher Lloyd back on for Roger Rabbit. Every dance this week should have a sexy Christopher Lloyd.

7:21PM: Comic sans signs at school? Seriously.

7:31PM: Less of a Swann, more of a spider.

7:31PM: I thought Graeme and Oti's routine was great (and I'm a dance expert).

7:32PM: They should have an amnesty on "You came out."

7:36PM: Finally, some prime-time trellis action.

7:38PM: I love an up-lit trellis on telly.

7:44PM: Katie's right, dancing is about expressing yourself, much like breastfeeding.

7:53PM: ...because there should be more dances based on the theme of The Matrix.

7:54PM: S&Matrix.

8:03PM: Did they get a history teacher to tell AJ about the Eighties?

8:11PM: Tonight's #Strictly's a Joe Cocker-athon.

8:12PM: Darcey's earrings are made from squished jam tarts.

8:20PM: It's time to fire that dart into Bruno.

8:21PM: They could have given Giovanni the Travolta bum-chin.

8:26PM: ...pube?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.