Just Visiting.


Today, I made an unexpected trip to A&E, which I suppose is what most A&E visits tend to be.

Thankfully, it wasn’t for anything too serious. The problem wasn’t mine but my dad’s and was linked to a long-running condition and - while I don’t think the doctors are too concerned - it has resulted in him staying in overnight, which is obviously the best place for him to be if he isn’t well.

What was notable throughout my time there today (as it always is when I’ve been in a similar situation) is how incredibly caring and committed the staff there tend to be. The service they provide is exceptional, not least when you consider the punishing work hours and the lack of funding and support the NHS gets from the government, despite providing perhaps our most vital service. Still, at least Theresa May’s cabinet reshuffle this week resulted in Jeremy Hunt maintaining his post as Health Secretary, which can only be due to the fantastic job he does.

(Everything I wrote was true except the last sentence; the man’s a bobble-headed gimp).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.