NIght Owl and the Pussy-cat.


I’m too tired to write anything much of note today, partly because I’ve had a lot on and partly because I keep going to bed too late at the moment.

It doesn’t help that I tend to get sucked in by my cat who - like now - chooses to sit on me in the evening and fall asleep on my lap for as long as physically possible if I’d let her. It’s nice to have her company and she’s always comforting, but I do let her keep me up for longer than I should.

Part of the problem today was she’d spent much of the afternoon while I was rehearsing my show pestering me to sit down. She’s a creature of habit, who expects things to happen at certain times of the day, and there’s definitely a point late afternoon when she’d expect me to be on the sofa with her if I’m at home; God forbid I mess with the system.

Speaking of runs, I enjoyed going over my show today, which was slightly surprising, considering the last time I did it I had an annoyingly crap review. Somehow, having had a bit of space has allowed me to look at it afresh I remember I’m actually quite proud of it. It doesn’t matter what one person thinks when so many other people have enjoyed it.

But now the time has come to go to bed; I’ve got more work to do for the show and for Mostly Comedy tomorrow, plus I’m going to visit my dad in hospital. Tonight, my cat’s going to have to listen to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.