Lord of the Faff.


I sometimes feel like most of my life is spent staring at a computer screen, doing something I don’t want to do.

I suppose that’s not an alien concept for many, particularly if you work in an office, which, to be fair, I only do in a self-employed sense. But it’s still frustrating, particularly when more time is spent on admin related to work and not on actual, useful content, such as writing new material.

This afternoon’s a case in point: I kicked things off (in the dullest sense of the phrase) by editing copy for the work-in-progress dates I’m doing in Brighton in May, before spending far longer than necessary editing artwork for the last outing of ‘Now Who’s a Comedian?’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival next month. The problem with the latter job is I’m (1) not as adept at Photoshop - or Gimp, to be more accurate, as that's the software I use -  and (2) it isn’t the sort of work I even want to do; other performers have people doing this stuff for them, but not me (unless I rope Glyn into it, which I often do).

One improvement I’ve been trying to stick to this month is writing my blog earlier in the day, instead of leaving it until just before I go to bed; this is a bad habit I got into last year, which is part of the reason I ended up missing more posts than usual. I know this doesn’t matter as I’m the only one who expects myself to write so regularly anyway, but either way, it’s much better to not do it when you’re falling asleep, or to be staring at a bright screen before bed.

So in summary, I’d like to spend 2018 getting into better habits (i.e. not doing so much extraneous admin or staying up late); I’d also like to never sentences with the word “so” as it's hugely irritating.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.