Second's Out.


Show number two was a fun one today, somehow contradicting the unwritten rule that second shows never go well.

There’s something about the relative let-down compared to the nervous energy of the first one that tends to make your second show not so good, but thankfully I somehow managed to navigate around that. It was a smaller crowd - which was as to be expected at Sunday lunchtime - but they were nice and very much on board, which was lovely; it’s great to be met with smiling faces and people who pick up on the smaller details and are clearly enjoying themselves.

Yet again, there was a German contingent in the room - every show seems to have this - but today, for the first time, they were able to translate the phrase I throw out towards the beginning, so my thanks go out to the German woman yesterday who gave me a few pointers (not the dog). I occasionally worried whether the popular culture references would be too niche for them, but they were smiling throughout, so it seems they were able to get their heads around it.

After the show I nipped home for a quick shower before going to the Bistro over the road for lunch. I’ve been having bigger meal towards the middle of day rather than the evening as I’ve yet to fathom out the oven in my digs, which seems to contradict all your usual oven-using tactics; the other day, I became the first person in the UK to semi-successfully smoke-cook a pizza, with the grey cloud refusing to leave for at least a day. I’m not that technologically inept so I don’t know what the problem is; I’ll Google the oven’s make when I can motivate myself to do something so dull; my life up here is an action-packed thrill-a-minute.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.