Out of Office.


Tonight sees the first night of my few days' break to Center Parcs, and as it's a suitably middle-class destination, I've decided to play a game of Count the Gilets.

I’ve been looking forward to this for months, following a stressful year, with my first solo Edinburgh Fringe sitting dead-centre like an ominous, foreboding summit, peeping every so often through the clouds as I trudged my way to the top and then back down the other side. This, combined with some non-work-related bits and bobs made for eleven months that alternated between being difficult and settled, with a few peaks and troughs along the way.

I have my wife to thank for booking the holiday early this year, giving us both something to set our sights on as a little time for us to relax. We visited the same site (and stayed in the same cabin) last October and had such a lovely time we decided to do it again - and though there were occasions when I thought the break would never arrive, being overshadowed as it was, it’s great to finally be here. We don’t go away often so I feel we both deserve it.

I’m going to try to do the minimum of work while I’m here. I’ve brought my show notes with me so I can run it a couple of times, so next week’s gig doesn’t come as too much of a shock, but I won’t overdo it. I also won’t do too much chasing for acts for Mostly Comedy and all that goes with it. I’m hanging a metaphorical do not disturb sign around my neck; if anyone asks, I’m not in, okay? Though if you could check my post and feed my pets I’d be grateful.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.