Late Night Debrief.

All in all, I'm very happy with how tonight's preview went. 

I feel there's the essence of an outline of a show forming from all the bits and pieces I'm trying out. I still struggle with trusting that things are funny, so can race over potential laughs, but that's par for the course when you're not actually sure where those laughs are yet. You've got to run the show in first, before you learn what you can take more time over.  

I'm proud of myself for sustaining an hour of material in front of audience that were clearly there for the 'headliner', safe in the knowledge that the vast majority of the material is so very new. Dare I say it, I'm also starting to enjoy it. It's more my cup of tea than last year's show - and now I've taught myself that I don't need to try so hard to be different from what I do with Glyn, I'm starting to enjoy myself more . It's official: projection is allowed. 

...I sign off now, as it's late, and I'm falling asleep as I type. Night night, Internet. Night night. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.