2015 Festivities.


I’ve spent the day editing a couple of short videos to use when applying to festivals for my proposed 2015 solo show.

At the moment, I’m not sure how far I want to take it. I had intended on applying for Brighton, which is next May, but haven’t decided where I go from there. By which I mean, “Will I do Edinburgh?” Deciding to do Brighton is in and of itself ‘the big one’, as it gives me less time to write something, whereas doing Edinburgh is ‘THE BIG ONE’, because of all the financial – and emotional – implications it contains.

The question I keep coming back to is “Will I be ready to do an hour when I’m still at relatively early stages as a solo stand-up?” I think I will. I’m just not sure whether it would it be best to keep it low-key first time around, both financially and in-front-of-industry-ey. In which case, I’d probably do Brighton and Camden next year and Edinburgh the year after. I don’t have to make a final decision quite yet, but I will have to do it soon.

As it stands, I’ve made a few small plans for the early 2015. I shall be sharing some split bill previews with a comic friend once a month from Feb-May, plus possibly performing a 30-minute version of the show as part of a season of new comedy writing in March. Both if these will give me a deadline to start working to. I had intended on starting to sketch out a rough outline for the show today, but got caught up with editing the two promo videos (bloody technology). I also have a couple of title ideas I’m mulling over. Now, I just want to get on with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.