Window of Inspiration.


For the first time in ages, I’m fired up with new ideas. This feeling comes and goes. I fact, most of the time, it has packed up and left the building. So I’m trying to make the best of it while it lasts.

I’m slowly, carefully putting together some stand-up material. Writing my blog helps, as it gives me an enforced daily deadline to work something up. That said, it can also go against me: the fact I write every day means I very quickly forget the subjects discussed. I have to keep flicking through it to remind myself.

I’m just a few weeks away from completing my first year of writing daily. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Either way, I’m proud I've stuck with it. Now, I want to see if it’s possible to use more of the content in a live context.

This will take a lot of editing. The written and spoken word are very different beasts. In live performance you need to be concise, whereas in prose you can waffle on a bit. Hopefully I can whittle out (or in) the best bits.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.