Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee.


Today has been another of my ‘waiting for the phone to ring’ days.

This is par for the course with being an actor. You’re often dangling on a line, wondering when you’ll hear whether you’ve got the job or not. Each time you pretend you’re not thinking about it. You keep yourself busy, while your silent mobile phone burns a hole in your pocket. It’s a tiring, frustrating and soul-destroying experience.

It’s not all bad, mind. There are lots of good bits. If I could give up one aspect of what I do, though, it would be this.

Today has been measured out in cups of coffee. Too many, in fact. It’s now 14:45. Time to move on. It's not worth worrying about. Something will come along eventually, and it won’t come quicker by thinking about it.

I’ll check my phone one more time, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.