Uncomic Sans.


At my next residents’ association AGM, I’d like to raise the issue of their constant use of Comic Sans in all correspondence.

Perhaps they do it purposely, to take a sting off their antagonistic tone. It doesn’t work. If anything, it makes me more irritable. There’s nothing fun about a rise in the cost of ground rent, however you dress it up.

Comic Sans shouldn’t be the font-of-choice for official documentation. In fact, it's rarely appropriate. Council tax bill? NO. Court summons? NO. Gravestone engraving? DEFINITELY NOT. I might let it go on a kids’ birthday invitation, but even then, I’d question whether the child was the sort of person I’d want my offspring to mix with.

Comic Sans is the ITV of typefaces. There, I’ve said it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.