Der Radfahrer.


The other day I saw a cyclist signal he was going straight over a roundabout by doing a Nazi salute.

This wasn’t a move I remembered learning in Cycling Proficiency. Racist gestures were generally frowned upon. We should be grateful he didn’t mime a Hitler moustache too, as then he would have taken both hands off the handlebars at once.

Was he telling us which way he was going, or expressing a deep-seated political allegiance? The former, I guess. I would have been more concerned if he'd saluted then travelled a different way.

I was surprised he went straight ahead. If anything, I would have expected him to take the far right. There’s nothing worse than a fascist cyclist. Or as I call them, a fascyclist.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.