Waning Ephgrave.


I’ve hit a bit of a wall today, as regards my tiredness and my mood.

My show went well this morning, despite the small audience. I shouldn’t begrudge their size, as I’m lucky to have them, when I’m up against such stiff competition. I arrived at the venue, feeling depressed and downcast, purely due to tiredness. As a result, I came off-stage after the show and pulled a face at my techie Fraser and said, “That was hard work,” to which he replied, “You’re joking, aren’t you? That was your best show yet.”

This illustrates perfectly how much your mindset can colour and confuse your perspective of what you're doing. 

After the gig, I went back to my digs for lunch and to tidy up a bit before my wife arrives tomorrow, and after eating, I promptly fell asleep. Thankfully, I had the foresight to set my alarm first, as I wouldn’t want to not wake up in time to tech Fraser’s show (go and see it; it’s excellent). Thankfully, my phone didn’t fail me - and so I’m now sitting in a Caffè Nero that's a short walk from my digs, catching up on admin before I do some shopping and head to Fraser’s venue for his show.

Unfortunately, I won’t be having an early night, as I’m doing a gig at the Cow Café in the Underbelly that starts just after midnight (twelve hours before the kick-off of my next show). I'm pleased to be doing it, as I haven’t done many guest spots yet, but at the same time, I could do with a rest. That said, it’s not far from where I’m staying, so I should still be back at a reasonable time. I’d like to finally go out for a drink at some point, but it’s hard to when I have to be up so early; as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t want to scupper a show because I went out the night before; being hungover isn’t exactly a mood enhancer, in and of itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.