Bath Artwork.


Today’s been mostly concerned with ordering posters and flyers for my ‘Work in (Hope of) Progress’ dates at the Bath Comedy Festival next month.



My double act partner Mr Doggett stepped up to the plate as ever to do the artwork, which is similar to that of last year’s Brighton and Camden show ‘…and Ephgrave’, only with a marginally less smug picture of me. What started as a photo I liked grew irksome over time, particularly once I’d seen it ‘in big’. The combined forces of my smarmy facial expression and the “as smooth as they come” quote conspired to make me look and sound like a bit of a dick, which may be accurate, but it still isn’t the best way to encourage an audience.


 
I’m keen to turn my attention fully to writing and rehearsing material now that most of the admin for Bath is done (except for writing the press release and booking my accommodation; there’s always something). The more stuff I can work into some semblance of being performance-ready, the more I’ll benefit from doing the shows in the first place. I’d like to strike a balance between being polished enough to feel vaguely cohesive, while still allowing it to be a work in progress. It doesn’t all have to succeed from the off, instead being a breeding ground for ideas that will. I really want to keep this in mind, rather than pressuring myself into being super-slick. Everything has to start somewhere. It’s not going to start immediately though, as I’m currently watching ‘Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home’ on Channel 5+24; it’s the comedic one of the franchise, so perhaps it will offer some inspiration, as well as...a few...Shatner-like…pauses.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.