Skip to main content

Sleep-Blogging.

I'm absolutely shattered today.

I don't know what's going on. I don't seem to be able to catch up. I even had to have a little power-nap in the afternoon, before meeting up with my friend Steve for a truncated version of one of our 'Old Man Pub Crawls'. I probably made for quite a sight, asleep on the sofa with the cat on my lap. Seldom will one creature snooze on another in the wild, so I don't know why it's acceptable in my house. 

Thankfully, today hasn't been particularly busy, save the frantic tweeting of pictures to accompany this week's episode of In Your Inner Ear, which we recorded on Thursday. I started out with the intention of doing some housework, but that didn't happen. My power-nap helped me perk up a little bit, but I'm now back to my exhausted self. I'm struggle to stay awake as I write this, so I can't imagine it will make riveting reading. 
‎

I enjoyed listening to tonight's In Your Inner Ear when it went out. I wasn't sure if it was going to good one as we recorded it, as it felt a little rambly at the time, but it held together on hearing it back. It sounds like a genuine radio show, which seems suspicious. It's a shame people don't listen to it on a wider level, or at least that's what we assume. Maybe people are tuning in in their droves. I'd love to see the figures to find out. Now, I'll stop rambling and get back to being unconscious. Trust me: most days in my life are more exciting than this. 

Popular posts from this blog

Not The Bayeux One.

The Carole King album Tapestry has been my 'getting-ready-in-the-morning' soundtrack for the past few weeks.  It's been a favourite album ever since I was a student, which makes for a pleasantly gentle way to usher in the start of a day. I've always been a fan of a well-crafted song, which is something of a Carole King hallmark, ever since she started writing with her first husband in the early Sixties. Tapestry may be an unimaginative choice for a favourite LP, as it suggests I haven't delved that far into her career, but it's still an undoubted classic; anything with '(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman', 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?' and 'You've Got A Friend' on it can't really fail; if nothing else, it proves she likes writing songs with long titles.  Next month, she's set to perform the album live in its entirety for the first time at a gig in Hyde Park, which I would have loved to have gone to, if it weren...

Hitchin is Mine.

As of six o’clock tonight, I take over the Hitchin is Yours Twitter account for a week; a stewardship I’m anxious to get right. I’m proud of my hometown. It’s a great place to live, with so much going for it. I've always sold it to my non-Hitchinite friends; so much so, that a lot have gone on to move here. Any town expansion plans are partly my fault. Feel free to picket outside my house. I love its history and architecture. Take St Mary’s Church, for example. The building is beautiful inside and out, and huge for a town of our size. There has been a place of worship on site since the 7 th Century. Much of the present building dates from the 1300s. You wouldn't get that in America. (Don't forget the British Schools Museum too.)  Hitchin is a hive for creative people and a hub for the arts. It boast two theatres, two comedy clubs, a couple of art galleries, a festival for world music and a thriving music scene. This drew...

'Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..."

While I’ve been practising meditation for quite some time now, I’ve recently taken to using the mindfulness app 'Headspace' . If you’ve never meditated before, or you’re an old hand at it, it’s a great resource, offering daily ten-minute guided meditations that create a sense of progress, rather than stagnating and going through the same process every day. Until I started using the app, I’d often listen to a handful of audio guided meditations I have on my phone in case of a brain emergency. If you see me with my eyes closed and my earphones in on public transport, I’m probably doing this (unless I’m sleeping and using this blog as an elaborate alibi). While the tracks on my phone are great, they can get a little repetitive as I become too familiar with them and start to anticipate everything the person on the recording will say. This is where Headspace is great, as it offers you a daily course with a different focus each day, as well as pl...