Get Up, Get Out.


Yesterday, I finished registering my work-in-progress dates at the Brighton Fringe next May and booked in a performance of ‘Now Who’s a Comedian?’ at the Etcetera Theatre toward the end of January, to plug the gap between now and my show at Leicester Comedy Festival in February, thus setting the wheels creaking into motion for 2018.

It felt good to get back on my feet following last week’s unpleasant review, instead of stewing for too long on it, though I won’t deny, it hasn’t left my mind quite yet; it’s frustrating to be grappling with unnecessary self-doubt as I consider my next move, as any creative person has enough of this to contend with, without someone else sticking their head around the door to shout, “You’re SHIT”, before buggering off again.

It’s just so tiresome. I’m already struggling to face the idea of working up something new to have to waste time bolstering myself from an outsider’s negative commentary; my brain ignores positive feedback in favour of bad as a matter of course, so I don’t need the latter underlined in red pen. It wouldn’t be so hard if there was a little balance to it, instead of it all being steeped one way.

(Oh well, that’s enough coverage of that.)

Another thing I did yesterday was pop to my mum’s in the morning to walk her dog. While I used to do this regularly I haven’t taken him out for months, so it was nice to revisit our old route, with nothing to do except make sure he didn’t snaffle up something bad while following his nose on the street. There’s a lot to be said for spending time with animals; expect a few paragraphs on this in my forthcoming Mindfulness pamphlet. 

Noble dog (above) / silly dog (below).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.